Your Daily digest for Science Daily Mind & Brain Daily Digest (Unofficial)

Article Digests for Psychology & Social Work article-digests at lists.clinicians-exchange.org
Wed Jul 31 01:41:42 PDT 2024

Science Daily Mind & Brain Daily Digest (Unofficial)

(https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/07/240730134902.htm) Working from home is stifling innovation
Jul 30th 2024, 13:49

Remote and hybrid working may be great for employees' work-life balance, but it may be stifling innovation, according to new research.

(https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/07/240730134849.htm) A tool for visualizing single-cell data
Jul 30th 2024, 13:48

Modern cutting-edge research generates enormous amounts of data, presenting scientists with the challenge of visualizing and analyzing it. Researchers have developed a tool for visualizing large data sets. The sCIRCLE tool allows users to explore single-cell analysis data in an interactive and user-friendly way.

(https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/07/240730134844.htm) Using the term 'artificial intelligence' in product descriptions reduces purchase intentions
Jul 30th 2024, 13:48

Companies may unintentionally hurt their sales by including the words 'artificial intelligence' when describing their offerings that use the technology, according to a recent study. Researchers conducted experimental surveys with more than 1,000 adults in the U.S. to evaluate the relationship between AI disclosure and consumer behavior. The findings consistently showed products described as using artificial intelligence were less popular.

(https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/07/240730134841.htm) 'Holiday' or 'Vacation': Similar language leads to more cooperation
Jul 30th 2024, 13:48

'Holiday' or 'vacation', 'to start' or 'to begin', 'my friend's cat' or 'the cat of my friend' -- in our language, there are different ways of expressing the same things and concepts. But can the choice of a particular variant determine whether we prefer to cooperate with certain people rather than with others? A research team investigated this and showed that people are more likely to co-operate with others if they make similar linguistic choices in a conversation. The experiment suggests that the decisive factor is probably the feeling of belonging to the same social group.

(https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/07/240725154819.htm) Early onset dementia more common than previously reported -- the incidence of Alzheimer's disease seems to be on the rise
Jul 25th 2024, 15:48

A new study explored early-onset dementia in the working-age population in Finland.

(https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/07/240725154810.htm) Does fertility affect a woman's body odor?
Jul 25th 2024, 15:48

Who we choose as a partner depends in part on who we find attractive on the outside. Scientists have long wondered whether potential partners can also sense a woman's fertility, for example through subtle changes in her body odor. Researchers have now turned their attention to this question. In a new study, they not only looked at how men rated women's odors on different days, but also, for the first time, carried out a chemical analysis of the odour samples. Using both methods, they found no evidence that women smell more attractive to men on their fertile days.

(https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/07/240725154752.htm) Exploring consciousness with eureka moments
Jul 25th 2024, 15:47

We all know what it's like when the penny suddenly drops. Animals too experience such moments of insight. They could prove useful for research of consciousness.

Forwarded by:
Michael Reeder LCPC
Baltimore, MD

This information is taken from free public RSS feeds published by each organization for the purpose of public distribution. Readers are linked back to the article content on each organization's website. This email is an unaffiliated unofficial redistribution of this freely provided content from the publishers.

(#) unsubscribe from this feed