Your Daily digest for NYU Information for Practice Daily Digest (Unofficial)

Article Digests for Psychology & Social Work article-digests at lists.clinicians-exchange.org
Sun Jan 7 11:56:39 PST 2024

NYU Information for Practice Daily Digest (Unofficial)

(https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/journal-article-abstracts/s12552-023-09406-6/) Credit Scoring as a Carceral Practice: An Abolitionist Framework
Jan 7th 2024, 14:49

Abstract
The practice of credit scoring is ubiquitous in today’s economy. Three-digit credit scores or their underlying data are applied well beyond the lending decisions for which they were originally designed and are routinely used in the contexts of employment, housing, and more. Drawing on carceral logics and abolitionist politics, we develop a framework to critically interpret the practice of credit scoring. We theorize credit scoring as a carceral practice and technology in the afterlife of slavery that expands anti-black discipline and punishment. We suggest that credit scoring is incapable of objectively assessing risk and that claims of objectivity legitimize an exploitative system of evaluation that mediates people’s access to the means of survival. Moreover, credit scoring expands the scope of how people are conscripted into consumerism and disciplined and punished under racial capitalism. We review research literature on credit scoring as a step toward applying this framework and demonstrate how research provides an alibi for anti-black racism embedded in contemporary credit scores. We conclude with a call to abolish the practice of credit scoring and imagine new, abolitionist alternatives for people to live safely and with dignity.
(https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12552-023-09406-6?error=cookies_not_supported&code=77741431-642e-4434-8210-d86098fd8431) Read the full article ›
The post (https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/journal-article-abstracts/s12552-023-09406-6/) Credit Scoring as a Carceral Practice: An Abolitionist Framework was curated by (https://ifp.nyu.edu) information for practice.

(https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/news/the-freedom-caucus-is-coming-for-snap/) The Freedom Caucus Is Coming for SNAP
Jan 7th 2024, 14:42

Food stamps have a problematic place in progressive views of the social welfare safety net. But the program works, and it needs our support.
The post (https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/news/the-freedom-caucus-is-coming-for-snap/) The Freedom Caucus Is Coming for SNAP was curated by (https://ifp.nyu.edu) information for practice.

(https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/journal-article-abstracts/s40817-023-00154-4/) An Investigation into Differences in Theta Relative Power While Reading in Children with Developmental Dyslexia and School Performance
Jan 7th 2024, 13:34

Abstract
Developmental dyslexia (DD) is an unexpected failure to learn to read despite otherwise favorable conditions in school-aged children. The theta rhythm of the electroencephalogram (EEG) has been related to several cognitive processes and may therefore be related to DD. The aims of this study were to (i) compare the theta relative power (TRP) while reading in children with DD versus controls, (ii) determine whether TRP while reading correlates with school performance, and (iii) compare the lateralization of TRP between children with DD and controls. Children with DD were recruited from a clinic at a third-level institution. EEG were performed under standard conditions and while children were reading. In children with DD, mean TRP scores while reading were higher in the frontal regions mainly of the right hemisphere. There were several negative correlations between academic scores (overall, Spanish, mathematics) and TRP for all EEG electrode locations. There were no differences in TRP laterality between the DD and control groups. In conclusion, the higher TRP in frontal regions may relate to compensatory effort in attention and working memory, while the negative correlations between academic performance and TRP may suggest deficiencies in voluntary attention and phonological working memory in these patients.
(https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s40817-023-00154-4?error=cookies_not_supported&code=14d6c862-b63d-4e9e-89e4-1d481a3623cc) Read the full article ›
The post (https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/journal-article-abstracts/s40817-023-00154-4/) An Investigation into Differences in Theta Relative Power While Reading in Children with Developmental Dyslexia and School Performance was curated by (https://ifp.nyu.edu) information for practice.

(https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/meta-analyses-systematic-reviews/jftr-12549/) Routines and child development: A systematic review
Jan 7th 2024, 13:33

Abstract
Research has shown the importance of routines for optimal child development. A systematic review can offer a detailed overview of the evidence linking routines to child outcomes, particularly in high-risk settings. This review aimed to elucidate the association between daily routines and child development and to pinpoint the protective role of routines in high-risk environments. A search of PubMed and PsycINFO databases yielded literature from 1950 to June 2020. Out of 4297 initial hits, 170 studies met the selection criteria. Findings mainly indicate that routines are associated with positive developmental outcomes in children, covering cognitive, self-regulation, social–emotional, academic skills, and overall mental and physical health. The results also underline the protective power of routines in challenging environments. The study suggests possible mechanisms through which routines influence child outcomes and recommends avenues for future research, supporting evidence-based strategies to encourage parental use of routines.
(https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jftr.12549?af=R) Read the full article ›
The post (https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/meta-analyses-systematic-reviews/jftr-12549/) Routines and child development: A systematic review was curated by (https://ifp.nyu.edu) information for practice.

(https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/grey-literature/care-intention-research-tips-creating-surveys-youth-livedliving-experiences-homelessness/) Care & Intention in Research: Tips on Creating Surveys for Youth with Lived/Living Experiences of Homelessness
Jan 7th 2024, 13:14

The role of the Canadian Observatory on Homelessness is to do just that, observe. Creating a survey to gather information and data which will be used to understand a particular subject is one way to “observe” a problem. It’s a science, and the selection of questions, scales, and peer-reviewed measures is a critical aspect in deciding how to approach quantitative data.
Taking it one step further, from the passive observation of people, pain, and questions, to interactive and genuine engagement can help us gain more fulsome insights into the lives of research participants while preserving dignity. Importantly, this shift allows us to foster better relationships between the researcher and the “researched.” We can think of this work as the crafting of a conversation that can breathe life into the data we’ve gathered in a way that’s also more collaborative and mindful.
When it comes to the task of creating surveys, we all come at it differently: with different ideas, thoughts, feelings, intentions, and processes. How we approach, engage with, and ultimately sculpt pieces of our, and others’ labour is intricately connected with our past and present, who we are as individuals, and how we’ve learned and practiced interacting with the world and others around us.
All parts of our work benefit from having input from a range of people, especially from those of us who have lived/living experiences relevant to the people being asked to give in the surveys. These lived/living experiences are typically varied, layered, related to each other and yet still distinct from person to person. These perspectives deserve to be incorporated into every conversation involving research with people who’ve been marginalized and under-resourced.
Below are 6 tips for researchers on how to bring intention and care into their research when creating surveys for youth who are experiencing, or have experienced homelessness:
Consider your relationship with the work and with participants
Those of us who come to this work with lived/living experiences of homelessness may approach it in a vastly different way than those who don’t. When I, someone who has lived experience of homelessness and share other similar experiences with many of the youth we survey at the COH, come to the work – whether it’s a meeting, an interview, or the creation of a new survey, I come to it with a visceral understanding of the realities and the concept of relationship. Various relationships: with participants, my coworkers, myself, systems, and the survey itself are in my thoughts from the beginning.
Everyone enters the work with a relationship, whether they realize it or not. I think it’s just more felt for those of us with these experiences than those without. It’s vital for researchers to spend time reflecting on these relationships, their impacts, how they can be held with care, and how the relationships can all come together to be formed into mutually-beneficial, non-extractive engagement. So – the first tip is to consider the relationships that you’re a part of when you begin designing a survey, which may not be obvious to you at first. This practice may not feel natural at first, considering the society and systems we exist in. Ask yourself: “How have I, and how do I want to show up in these relationships?”
1. Study the questions from the participant’s point of view
Look closely at the questions you’re asking youth. Reflect on your own position in relation to these questions. I recommend taking the survey yourself as a reflective practice. Consider what youth might say or how participants may feel taking the survey, and how this might differ from your experience. What are you/your organization asking youth and why? Are you simply looking to check boxes? Youth will see through this practice, and you won’t get full, honest answers or quality data. Most importantly, you will be engaging in unauthentic, extractive practices and perpetuating violence on marginalized and targeted youth.
Keep in mind that you’re talking to another person through the survey. Do this work with intent and while cognizant of the many relationships in place. The questions may grow bigger, but this thought process is important and vital to the integrity of your efforts. Surveys aren’t innocent papers, boxes, scales, documents or forms that exist on their own. They’re an extension of your thoughts and a type of discussion. Even a seemingly simple survey has the potential to steer research in the right, or wrong, direction.
2. Value People with Lived/Living Experience (PWLLE)’s perspective and act
If you claim you want to hear the youth’s opinions and perspectives, do you ask for these in the survey? Do you value the knowledge youth share in the same way you value that of someone with a PhD or that of service providers? How about coworkers with lived/living experience of homelessness who’ve already been given at least a small platform? Is this reflected in how you pay people and where you cut your budget? Is it reflected in how you show up with people and how you talk to people? Are you surprised or impressed by a youth’s or PWLLE’s ability to empathize, understand complex ideas and articulate themselves? Ask yourself why. Are you doing what you say and taking these learnings a step further?
3. Be intentional about inclusion criteria and mindful of exclusionary practices
Who’s excluded and why? Consider how you decide on exclusionary criteria and how these may be informed by biases. This includes conscious and written biases, such as a requirement to participate in the study for a predetermined timeframe, or during certain hours. It’s also inclusive of unconscious decisions, such as excluding those who are incarcerated and therefore assumed unable to participate while forcibly confined. Assessing consent is another area in which biases can manifest, often against people struggling with substance use. This terrain is much more muddled than it may originally seem, with lots of factors to consider, collaborative thought, and reflective uncovering to be done.
Youth participants as well as the staff resourcing the study should have a range of intersecting identities. Consider situational factors and those who have been historically invisibilized and continuously left out. I’ve seen this happen to people who’ve been through incarceration, gendered and/or family violence, violent experiences that don’t fit neatly in a “box,” racialization, and the often-transient nature of youth homelessness, people who are without childcare (remember, youth can be parents/caregivers), and people with other accessibility needs.
4. Use clear language to increase reliability and validity
Be mindful of language and ensure questions are communicated clearly because words and phrases possess a range of meanings, leading them to be frequently interpreted differently amongst people. Poorly worded or unclear questions can result in responses that decrease both the reliability and validity of the research. For instance, language can be vague when asking about a participant’s housing situation (stable vs. unstable housing, and temporary vs. permanent housing) or employment status (casual vs. set hours, and full-time vs. part-time). Exploring further, do housing situation and employment status fully speak to what is most beneficial to capture? What about quality of life? How is this measured? Does it speak to the “success” of a program?  What is important in the lives and the eyes of youth?
In the example of employment, youth may wonder what is meant by “casual” work. Does this include under-the-table, occasional work? What about under-the-table work that is stigmatized or undervalued (such as sex work, selling drugs, informal childcare, doing hair and nails)? Are you looking at work in the form of trade, or strictly wages? What about “legitimate” work experiences? What do you mean by “legitimate”? Do you want to differentiate between all these types of work? How will you communicate this to participants to ensure they know what information you’re asking of them?
Clear questions that have been well thought out and developed with care are essential for the reliability, validity, and health of the research. Questions should not be developed in haste, from a place of detachment, or out of habit. Consider justifications for your chosen definitions, questions, and approach. Ultimately, and most importantly, language can place undue harm on people who are subjects of the study. How do you plan to reach a decision on the most appropriate interpretation of the terms and measures used going forward?
5. Direct cash remuneration is the respectful way forward
Youth often appreciate receiving direct cash. Whether it’s intended or not, gift cards can give the impression that we don’t trust youth and/or PWLLE to make their own choices regarding how to spend their money. This is something that youth who’ve been under-resourced are faced with every day. Coming from researchers,  it could compromise the relationships built with the youth. The message, intentional or not – would be felt by the youth. Again, highlights the importance of knowing that this practice can cause harm to participants.
Your respect and appreciation for the participant’s time and effort are reflected in how you compensate. Factor in the youth’s time spent preparing prior to, during, and decompressing/processing after the interview, emotional labour, trauma, and the nature of their sharing. While there are many reasons why cash may be preferable over gift cards, the bottom line is that remuneration with cash over gift cards is a more respectful way to compensate for any projects that work with people who are or have been under-resourced.
6. Appoint PWLLE to lead this work
Many researchers, service providers, and PWLLE occupy more than one of these spaces. As is the nature of the work, many of us PWLLE are a step ahead, already aware of the relationships with which we engage when creating surveys and collaborating in the field. PWLLE who are not also service providers or researchers, should share power in every stage of the project too. Read the resources at the end of this blog, consult with a number of PWLLE who have a range of lived/living experiences, and move toward community-based, participatory action research. Before you begin typing out any kind of survey intended for youth who have experienced or are experiencing homelessness, ask yourself this question, arguably one of the most important: Are PWLLE leading this work?
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES

Nothing About Us Without Us: Seven Principles for Leadership and Inclusion of People with Lived Experience of Homelessness (Lived Experience Advisory Council)
Checklist for Planning Inclusive and Accessible Events (Lived Experience Advisory Council)
Bringing Lived Experience to Research on Health and Homelessness: Perspectives of Researchers and Lived Experience Partners (Padwa, H. et al.)

 Co-Production Toolkit (Homeless Link)
Engagement Toolkit (Greater Victoria Coalition to End Homelessness)
HUD Guidance: Engaging Individuals with Lived Experience (USICH & HUD)
COVID-19 Homeless System Response: Paying People with Lived Experience and Expertise (HUD)
Engaging People with Lived Experience of Inequities: Meeting Facilitation Guide (People With Lived Experience)
Nothing About Us Without Us: Community Examples of Engaging Lived Experience (Canadian Alliance to End Homelessness)
Voice of Experience: Engaging People with Lived Experience of Poverty in Consultations (Bee Lee Soh and John Stapleton)
MAP Evaluation Series: Engaging Youth in Research (John Ecker, Mardi Daley, Melanie Lusted)

(https://www.homelesshub.ca/blog/care-intention-research-tips-creating-surveys-youth-livedliving-experiences-homelessness) Read the full article ›
The post (https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/grey-literature/care-intention-research-tips-creating-surveys-youth-livedliving-experiences-homelessness/) Care & Intention in Research: Tips on Creating Surveys for Youth with Lived/Living Experiences of Homelessness was curated by (https://ifp.nyu.edu) information for practice.

(https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/journal-article-abstracts/7499511/) In our own eyes: ethical dilemmas and insights encountered by researchers conducting qualitative research in high ambient temperatures in Kilifi, Kenya
Jan 7th 2024, 12:33

Abstract
We reflect on our fieldwork experience from the Climate Heat Maternal and Neonatal Health Africa (CHAMNHA) project in Kilifi, Kenya, which focused on studying the effects of extreme heat on women during pregnancy, delivery and the post-partum period. We describe the ethical and practical challenges encountered, highlighting valuable lessons learned. We propose potential solutions to address issues concerning the reciprocity of vulnerable participants and the provision of childcare and food for accompanying children. Further, we address challenges related to engaging specific participants, interview cancellations attributed to extreme temperatures and discuss the perpetuation of inequalities by ethics and academic institutions. With the anticipated increase in research at the intersection of climate change–induced heat exposure and its impacts on human populations, research institutions and ethics committees in low- and middle-income countries are responsible for instituting guidelines that account for the risks for the subjects under study and the field researchers.
(https://academic.oup.com/inthealth/advance-article/doi/10.1093/inthealth/ihad115/7499511?rss=1) Read the full article ›
The post (https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/journal-article-abstracts/7499511/) In our own eyes: ethical dilemmas and insights encountered by researchers conducting qualitative research in high ambient temperatures in Kilifi, Kenya was curated by (https://ifp.nyu.edu) information for practice.

(https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/journal-article-abstracts/pst0000503/) Psychotherapist variables that may lead to treatment failure or termination—A qualitative analysis of patients’ perspectives.
Jan 7th 2024, 12:32

Psychotherapy, Vol 60(4), Dec 2023, 431-441; doi:10.1037/pst0000503
A substantial number of patients do not improve from psychotherapy, some even deteriorate, and some terminate treatment prematurely. Identifying therapist variables that may lead to treatment failures from patients’ perspectives can inform how psychotherapists can increase effectiveness. Using a semistructured protocol, we interviewed 24 patients who had experienced unsatisfying individual face-to-face psychotherapy within the last 2 years. The study procedures were guided by the consolidated criteria for reporting qualitative research. The manifest content analysis provided 13 subcategories grouped into four categories: (a) psychotherapists’ negative traits (inflexible, unengaged, unemphatic, insecure), (b) unprofessionalism (superficial, violating personal boundaries, breaking confidentiality, nontransparent), (c) incompetence (unstructured, poor assessment or understanding, poor knowledge, too passive), and (d) mismatch (therapist–patient mismatch). To reduce the risk of treatment failure, psychotherapists may need a multifaceted set of relational skills, theoretical and technical competence, ethical sensitivity, and engagement. Some of the identified subcategories were complex constructs (e.g., unengaged) that may need time and effort to develop for psychotherapists. Other identified subcategories were obvious inappropriate behaviors in professional psychotherapy (e.g., breaking confidentiality). However, the categories found in this study need further quantitative investigation to assess the validity, frequency, and relative impact on treatment outcomes. (PsycInfo Database Record (c) 2023 APA, all rights reserved)
(https://doi.org/10.1037/pst0000503) Read the full article ›
The post (https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/journal-article-abstracts/pst0000503/) Psychotherapist variables that may lead to treatment failure or termination—A qualitative analysis of patients’ perspectives. was curated by (https://ifp.nyu.edu) information for practice.

(https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/monographs-edited-collections/narrative-research-now-critical-perspectives-on-the-promise-of-stories/) Narrative Research Now: Critical Perspectives on the Promise of Stories
Jan 7th 2024, 12:29

The post (https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/monographs-edited-collections/narrative-research-now-critical-perspectives-on-the-promise-of-stories/) Narrative Research Now: Critical Perspectives on the Promise of Stories was curated by (https://ifp.nyu.edu) information for practice.

(https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/journal-article-abstracts/aca0000401/) Music and verbal ability—A twin study of genetic and environmental associations.
Jan 7th 2024, 12:29

Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts, Vol 17(6), Dec 2023, 675-681; doi:10.1037/aca0000401
Musical aptitude and music training are associated with language-related cognitive outcomes, even when controlling for general intelligence. However, genetic and environmental influences on these associations have not been studied, and it remains unclear whether music training can causally increase verbal ability. In a sample of 1,336 male twins, we tested the associations between verbal ability measured at time of conscription at age 18 and two music-related variables: overall musical aptitude and total amount of music training before the age of 18. We estimated the amount of specific genetic and environmental influences on the association between verbal ability and musical aptitude, over and above the factors shared with general intelligence, using classical twin modeling. Further, we tested whether music training could causally influence verbal ability using a cotwin-control analysis. Musical aptitude and music training were significantly associated with verbal ability. Controlling for general intelligence only slightly attenuated the correlations. The partial association between musical aptitude and verbal ability, corrected for general intelligence, was mostly explained by shared genetic factors (50%) and nonshared environmental influences (35%). The cotwin-control-analysis gave no support for causal effects of early music training on verbal ability at age 18. Overall, our findings in a sizable population sample converge with known associations between the music and language domains, while results from twin modeling suggested that this reflected a shared underlying etiology rather than causal transfer. (PsycInfo Database Record (c) 2023 APA, all rights reserved)
(https://doi.org/10.1037/aca0000401) Read the full article ›
The post (https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/journal-article-abstracts/aca0000401/) Music and verbal ability—A twin study of genetic and environmental associations. was curated by (https://ifp.nyu.edu) information for practice.

(https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/journal-article-abstracts/s0033291723002246/) Psychotherapy for adult depression in low- and middle-income countries: an updated systematic review and meta-analysis
Jan 7th 2024, 12:28

Previous meta-analyses on psychotherapy for adult depression have found a larger treatment effect in non-Western trials compared to Western trials (i.e. North America, Europe, and Australia). However, factors contributing to this difference remain unclear. This study investigated different study characteristics between Western and non-Western trials and examined their association with effect size estimates. We systematically searched PubMed, PsycINFO, Embase, and Cochrane Library (01–09–2022). We included randomized-controlled trials (RCTs) that compared psychotherapy with a control condition. The validity of included RCTs was assessed by the Cochrane risk of bias assessment tool (RoB 1). Effect sizes were pooled using the random-effects model. Subgroup analyses and meta-regressions were also conducted. We identified 405 eligible trials, among which 105 trials (117 comparisons, 16 304 participants) were from non-Western countries. We confirmed that non-Western trials had a larger treatment effect (g = 1.10, 95% CI 0.90–1.31) than Western trials (g = 0.57, 95% CI 0.52–0.62). Trials from non-Western countries also had more usual care controls, higher risk of bias, larger sample sizes, lower mean ages, younger adults, more group-based interventions, and other recruitment methods (e.g. systematic screening; p < 0.05). The larger effect sizes found in non-Western trials were related to the presence of wait-list controls, high risk of bias, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and clinician-diagnosed depression (p < 0.05). The larger treatment effects observed in non-Western trials may result from the high heterogeneous study design and relatively low validity. Further research on long-term effects, adolescent groups, and individual-level data are still needed.

(https://www.cambridge.org/core/product/identifier/S0033291723002246/type/journal_article) Read the full article ›
The post (https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/journal-article-abstracts/s0033291723002246/) Psychotherapy for adult depression in low- and middle-income countries: an updated systematic review and meta-analysis was curated by (https://ifp.nyu.edu) information for practice.

(https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/journal-article-abstracts/aca0000409/) Motivation to make music matters: Daily autonomous motivation, flow, and well-being in hobby musicians.
Jan 7th 2024, 12:28

Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts, Vol 17(6), Dec 2023, 682-693; doi:10.1037/aca0000409
Music engagement is an essential part in many people’s everyday life. A large body of research has provided evidence for the beneficial effects of music engagement on health and well-being, although studies on underlying mechanisms (e.g., flow experiences) have been scarce. Therefore, we examined in the present study the potential effects of the quality of motivation (autonomous vs. controlled) to engage in active hobby music making on flow and well-being. We tested the prediction by Self-Determination Theory that autonomous forms of motivation are related to higher well-being. Furthermore, we examined whether flow experiences during music making might account for this association in an online daily diary study with 975 hobby musicians. Daily autonomous motivation to make music, flow (two subscales: fluency and absorption), and subjective well-being (life satisfaction, positive and negative affect) were assessed each day for ten consecutive days. Multilevel structural equation models indicated that there was a positive effect of autonomous motivation on life satisfaction and positive affect that was mediated by both subscales of flow, with fluency of performance at both the within- and between person level and absorption only at the within-person level. Further, there was a negative indirect effect on negative affect via fluency on the within-person level. This study provides evidence for the importance of autonomous motivation in hobby music making with regard to subjective well-being and highlights investigating the effects on a within-person level. Results further suggest the experience of flow as a potential mediating mechanism. (PsycInfo Database Record (c) 2023 APA, all rights reserved)
(https://doi.org/10.1037/aca0000409) Read the full article ›
The post (https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/journal-article-abstracts/aca0000409/) Motivation to make music matters: Daily autonomous motivation, flow, and well-being in hobby musicians. was curated by (https://ifp.nyu.edu) information for practice.

(https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/journal-article-abstracts/7485696/) Reciprocity, Fairness and the Financial Burden of Undertaking COVID-19 Hotel Quarantine in Australia
Jan 7th 2024, 12:28

Abstract
In late March 2020 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Australia introduced mandatory 14-day supervised quarantine at hotels and other designated facilities for all international arrivals. From July 2020, most states and territories introduced a fixed charge for quarantine of up to $3220 per adult. The introduction of the fee was rationalised on the basis that Australians had been allowed sufficient time to return and there was a need to recover some of the cost associated with administering the program. Drawing on an empirical study of 58 returned Australian citizens and residents quarantined between March 2020 and January 2021, this paper aims to explore how people experienced paying for hotel quarantine, particularly with respect to fairness and relatedly, the principle of reciprocity. Reciprocity requires that the state has an obligation to assist individuals in discharging their duty to comply with public health measures and avoid disproportionate burdens accruing to populations or individuals. Though participants had varying opinions on whether they thought it fair to be charged for their quarantine, for many, the fee constituted a significant burden and source of stress. Given the undertaking of quarantine is primarily for the benefit of the public good, we argue the financial cost imposed on individuals does not meet the demands of reciprocity. It is imperative that future quarantine and isolation arrangements consider seriously the need to minimise burdens of individuals subject to such measures, and that fees do not become a new norm in public health and infectious disease control.
(https://academic.oup.com/phe/advance-article/doi/10.1093/phe/phad027/7485696?rss=1) Read the full article ›
The post (https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/journal-article-abstracts/7485696/) Reciprocity, Fairness and the Financial Burden of Undertaking COVID-19 Hotel Quarantine in Australia was curated by (https://ifp.nyu.edu) information for practice.

(https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/journal-article-abstracts/neu-2023-18/) Reduction in hippocampal GABAergic transmission in a low birth weight rat model of depression
Jan 7th 2024, 12:28

Prenatal stress is believed to increase the risk of developing neuropsychiatric disorders, including major depression. Adverse genetic and environmental impacts during early development, such as glucocorticoid hyper-exposure, can lead to changes in the foetal brain, linked to mental illnesses developed in later life. Dysfunction in the GABAergic inhibitory system is associated with depressive disorders. However, the pathophysiology of GABAergic signalling is poorly understood in mood disorders. Here, we investigated GABAergic neurotransmission in the low birth weight (LBW) rat model of depression. Pregnant rats, exposed to dexamethasone, a synthetic glucocorticoid, during the last week of gestation, yielded LBW offspring showing anxiety- and depressive-like behaviour in adulthood. Patch-clamp recordings from dentate gyrus granule cells in brain slices were used to examine phasic and tonic GABAA receptor-mediated currents. The transcriptional levels of selected genes associated with synaptic vesicle proteins and GABAergic neurotransmission were investigated. The frequency of spontaneous inhibitory postsynaptic currents (sIPSC) was similar in control and LBW rats. Using a paired-pulse protocol to stimulate GABAergic fibres impinging onto granule cells, we found indications of decreased probability of GABA release in LBW rats. However, tonic GABAergic currents and miniature IPSCs, reflecting quantal vesicle release, appeared normal. Additionally, we found elevated expression levels of two presynaptic proteins, Snap-25 and Scamp2, components of the vesicle release machinery. The results suggest that altered GABA release may be an essential feature in the depressive-like phenotype of LBW rats.

(https://www.cambridge.org/core/product/identifier/S0924270823000182/type/journal_article) Read the full article ›
The post (https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/journal-article-abstracts/neu-2023-18/) Reduction in hippocampal GABAergic transmission in a low birth weight rat model of depression was curated by (https://ifp.nyu.edu) information for practice.

(https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/journal-article-abstracts/adb0000921/) Examining indirect effects of advertising exposure on young adults’ cannabis and nicotine vaping.
Jan 7th 2024, 12:28

Psychology of Addictive Behaviors, Vol 37(8), Dec 2023, 996-1005; doi:10.1037/adb0000921
Objective: To examine longitudinal associations between exposure to two types of advertisements (medical/recreational cannabis and e-cigarette retailers [vape shops]) and young adults’ cannabis and nicotine vaping behavior. Positive and negative expectancies for cannabis and vaping nicotine were examined as mediators of these associations. Method: Secondary analysis of observational data from a longitudinal cohort of young adults recruited from Southern California (Wave 13: N = 2,411, 56% female, Mage = 23.6). Participants completed web-based surveys annually, reporting on advertising exposure in 2018, expectancies in 2019, and cannabis and nicotine vaping in 2020. Two path models were specified: (a) of past-month cannabis vaping only, nicotine vaping only, and co-use (vs. no vaping) and (b) of single product vaping (vs. co-use). Path analyses modeled direct and indirect associations between variables. Results: Controlling for past-month cannabis and nicotine use and other covariates, there were no significant direct associations of advertising exposure with cannabis and/or nicotine vaping. However, the association between cannabis advertising exposure and vaping (cannabis only) was significantly mediated by positive cannabis expectancies (β = 0.02, SE = 0.01, p = .03). Among those who vaped cannabis and/or nicotine in the past month at Wave 13, expectancies did not significantly mediate associations between advertising exposure and single product use (vs. co-use). Conclusions: Although exposure to cannabis advertisements may not be directly associated with young adults’ cannabis vaping 2 years later, the effects of advertising exposure may be exerted indirectly by increasing positive beliefs about cannabis. Implications for public health policy are discussed. (PsycInfo Database Record (c) 2023 APA, all rights reserved)
(https://doi.org/10.1037/adb0000921) Read the full article ›
The post (https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/journal-article-abstracts/adb0000921/) Examining indirect effects of advertising exposure on young adults’ cannabis and nicotine vaping. was curated by (https://ifp.nyu.edu) information for practice.

(https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/journal-article-abstracts/7511969/) Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Adolescent Combustible Tobacco Smoking from 2014 to 2020: Declines are lagging among non-Hispanic Black Youth
Jan 7th 2024, 12:28

Abstract
Introduction
We quantified the linear trend in combustible tobacco smoking among adolescents in the United States from 2014 to 2020, then compared these trends across racial and ethnic category. We also tested the effect of e-cigarette use on these trends for all youth and across racial and ethnic categories.
Methods
We pooled and analyzed seven years of National Youth Tobacco Survey (NYTS) data for n=124,151 middle and high school students from 2014 to 2020. Weighted logistic regression analyses calculated the annual change in combustible tobacco smoking (i.e., cigarettes, cigars, and hookah) from 2014 to 2020. Stratified analyses examined linear trends for non-Hispanic White (NHW), NH-Black (NHB), Hispanic/Latino, and NH-Other (NHO) youth. All models controlled for sex, grade level, and past 30-day e-cigarette use.
Results
Combustible tobacco smoking from 2014 to 2020 dropped by more than 50% for NHW youth, more than 40% for Latino and NHO youth, compared to just 16% among NHB youth. From 2014 to 2020, odds of combustible tobacco smoking declined by 21.5% per year for NHWs, which was significantly greater than Hispanic/Latinos (17% per year; p=0.025), NHOs (15.4% per year; p=0.01), and NHBs (5.1% per year; p<0.001), adjusting for sex, grade, and e-cigarette use. Trends and disparities in trends by race and ethnicity were observed independent of e-cigarette use.
Conclusions
Combustible tobacco smoking declined for all youth but at significantly different rates across races and ethnicity. Notably, declines in combustible tobacco smoking are lagging among NHB youth. Interventions are critically needed to address this disparity.
Implications
A direct, evidence-based intervention to reduce combustible tobacco smoking among NHB youth is critically needed. Such tobacco control initiatives should follow the Best Practices for Comprehensive Tobacco Control Framework, incorporating sustainable funding for school-based intervention, public health education, and adult cessation.
(https://academic.oup.com/ntr/advance-article/doi/10.1093/ntr/ntae001/7511969?rss=1) Read the full article ›
The post (https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/journal-article-abstracts/7511969/) Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Adolescent Combustible Tobacco Smoking from 2014 to 2020: Declines are lagging among non-Hispanic Black Youth was curated by (https://ifp.nyu.edu) information for practice.

(https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/journal-article-abstracts/adb0000930/) Daily associations between cannabis use and alcohol use among people who use cannabis for both medicinal and nonmedicinal reasons: Substitution or complementarity?
Jan 7th 2024, 12:28

Psychology of Addictive Behaviors, Vol 37(8), Dec 2023, 1006-1018; doi:10.1037/adb0000930
Objective: People who use cannabis for medicinal (vs. nonmedicinal) reasons report greater cannabis use and lower alcohol use, which may reflect a cannabis–alcohol substitution effect in this population. However, it is unclear whether cannabis is used as a substitute or complement to alcohol at the day level among people who use cannabis for both medicinal and nonmedicinal reasons. This study used ecological momentary assessment to examine this question. Method: Participants (N = 66; 53.1% men; mean age 33 years) completed daily surveys assessing previous-day reasons for cannabis use (medicinal vs. nonmedicinal), cannabis consumption (both number of different types of cannabis used and grams of cannabis flower used), and number of standard drinks consumed. Results: Multilevel models revealed that, in general, greater cannabis consumption on a given day was associated with greater same-day alcohol use. Further, days during which cannabis was used for medicinal (vs. exclusively nonmedicinal) reasons were associated with reduced consumption of both cannabis and alcohol. The day-level association between medicinal reasons for cannabis use and lower alcohol consumption was mediated by using fewer grams of cannabis on medicinal cannabis use days. Conclusions: Day-level cannabis-alcohol associations may be complementary rather than substitutive among people who use cannabis for both medicinal and nonmedicinal reasons, and lower (rather than greater) cannabis consumption on medicinal use days may explain the link between medicinal reasons for cannabis use and reduced alcohol use. Still, these individuals may use greater amounts of both cannabis and alcohol when using cannabis for exclusively nonmedicinal reasons. (PsycInfo Database Record (c) 2023 APA, all rights reserved)
(https://doi.org/10.1037/adb0000930) Read the full article ›
The post (https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/journal-article-abstracts/adb0000930/) Daily associations between cannabis use and alcohol use among people who use cannabis for both medicinal and nonmedicinal reasons: Substitution or complementarity? was curated by (https://ifp.nyu.edu) information for practice.

(https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/open-access-journal-articles/s12888-023-05337-z/) Role of polygenic risk scores in the association between chronotype and health risk behaviors
Jan 7th 2024, 12:11

Abstract

Background
This study explores the association between chronotypes and adolescent health risk behaviors (HRBs) by testing how genetic background moderates these associations and clarifies the influence of chronotypes and polygenic risk score (PRS) on adolescent HRBs.

Methods
Using VOS-viewer software to select the corresponding data, this study used knowledge domain mapping to identify and develop the research direction with respect to adolescent risk factor type. Next, DNA samples from 264 students were collected for low-depth whole-genome sequencing. The sequencing detected HRB risk loci, 49 single nucleotide polymorphisms based to significant SNP. Subsequently, PRSs were assessed and divided into low, moderate, and high genetic risk according to the tertiles and chronotypes and interaction models were constructed to evaluate the association of interaction effect and clustering of adolescent HRBs. The chronotypes and the association between CLOCK-PRS and HRBs were examined to explore the association between chronotypes and mental health and circadian CLOCK-PRS and HRBs.

Results
Four prominent areas were displayed by clustering information fields in network and density visualization modes in VOS-viewer. The total score of evening chronotypes correlated with high-level clustering of HRBs in adolescents, co-occurrence, and mental health, and the difference was statistically significant. After controlling covariates, the results remained consistent. Three-way interactions between chronotype, age, and mental health were observed, and the differences were statistically significant. CLOCK-PRS was constructed to identify genetic susceptibility to the clustering of HRBs. The interaction of evening chronotypes and high genetic risk CLOCK-PRS was positively correlated with high-level clustering of HRBs and HRB co-occurrence in adolescents, and the difference was statistically significant. The interaction between the sub-dimensions of evening chronotypes and the high genetic CLOCK-PRS risk correlated with the outcome of the clustering of HRBs and HRB co-occurrence.

Conclusions
The interaction of PRS and chronotype and the HRBs in adolescents appear to have an association, and the three-way interaction between the CLOCK-PRS, chronotype, and mental health plays important roles for HRBs in adolescents.

(https://rd.springer.com/article/10.1186/s12888-023-05337-z?error=cookies_not_supported&code=8f5ee3f4-9067-4fa6-ac07-c2d49beabb88) Read the full article ›
The post (https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/open-access-journal-articles/s12888-023-05337-z/) Role of polygenic risk scores in the association between chronotype and health risk behaviors was curated by (https://ifp.nyu.edu) information for practice.

(https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/video/examining-comprehensive-sexuality-education-in-gender-based-violence-prevention-and-response-effort/) Examining Comprehensive Sexuality Education in Gender-Based Violence Prevention and Response Effort
Jan 7th 2024, 10:42

The post (https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/video/examining-comprehensive-sexuality-education-in-gender-based-violence-prevention-and-response-effort/) Examining Comprehensive Sexuality Education in Gender-Based Violence Prevention and Response Effort was curated by (https://ifp.nyu.edu) information for practice.

(https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/guidelines-plus/988-frequently-asked-questions/) 988 Frequently Asked Questions
Jan 7th 2024, 10:41

The post (https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/guidelines-plus/988-frequently-asked-questions/) 988 Frequently Asked Questions was curated by (https://ifp.nyu.edu) information for practice.

(https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/podcasts/america-goes-psychedelic-again/) America Goes Psychedelic, Again
Jan 7th 2024, 10:39

The post (https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/podcasts/america-goes-psychedelic-again/) America Goes Psychedelic, Again was curated by (https://ifp.nyu.edu) information for practice.

(https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/news/heres-how-lebanons-blue-iris-farm-became-a-sanctuary-for-animals-and-people/) Here’s how Lebanon’s Blue Iris Farm became a sanctuary for animals and people
Jan 7th 2024, 09:58

Blue Iris Farm began as a sanctuary for rescued farm animals, but it has also turned into a retreat to help people cope with mental health issues and traumatic life events.
The post (https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/news/heres-how-lebanons-blue-iris-farm-became-a-sanctuary-for-animals-and-people/) Here’s how Lebanon’s Blue Iris Farm became a sanctuary for animals and people was curated by (https://ifp.nyu.edu) information for practice.

(https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/journal-article-abstracts/s41465-023-00279-6/) Challenge Not Only to the Muscles—Surface Instability Shifts Attentional Demands in Young and Older Adults While Performing Resistance Exercise
Jan 7th 2024, 09:49

Abstract
Regular physical activity is an important factor in maintaining and improving physical and cognitive functions in an aging society. Compared to resistance and endurance training, motor tasks with attentional demands and cognitive activation are considered to have a greater potential for improving executive functions. Unstable devices increase the coordinative demands and could thus lead to increased cognitive engagement during acute resistance exercises. This study aimed to investigate the required attentional resources during squats on stable and unstable surfaces in young and older adults. For this purpose, 13 young (Mage = 23.5, SD = 2.7 years) and 17 older (Mage = 70.2, SD = 4.3 years) healthy adults performed dumbbell squats on a flat ground (stable condition) and on an unstable device (unstable condition) while simultaneously conducting a visual-verbal Stroop task. Attentional resources for the stable and unstable conditions were assessed by calculating the differences in reaction time for the Stroop task (dual-task effect) from the single-task to the dual-task condition, respectively. As a result, there was a significant higher negative dual-task effect (i.e., cognitive performance decrement) while squatting on an unstable (− 13.96%) versus a stable surface (− 8.68%). Older adults did not show significantly greater dual-task effects than young adults. In conclusion, the attentional resources required during acute resistance training may be increased by the use of unstable devices. The fact that no age differences were found could be a consequence of the strict selection criteria for the study (selection bias).
(https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s41465-023-00279-6?error=cookies_not_supported&code=abe65ab8-b85e-450d-a0dd-e16f62e64035) Read the full article ›
The post (https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/journal-article-abstracts/s41465-023-00279-6/) Challenge Not Only to the Muscles—Surface Instability Shifts Attentional Demands in Young and Older Adults While Performing Resistance Exercise was curated by (https://ifp.nyu.edu) information for practice.

(https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/open-access-journal-articles/epidemiology-of-multimorbidity-in-low-income-countries-of-sub-saharan-africa-findings-from-four-population-cohorts/) Epidemiology of multimorbidity in low-income countries of sub-Saharan Africa: Findings from four population cohorts
Jan 7th 2024, 09:01

The post (https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/open-access-journal-articles/epidemiology-of-multimorbidity-in-low-income-countries-of-sub-saharan-africa-findings-from-four-population-cohorts/) Epidemiology of multimorbidity in low-income countries of sub-Saharan Africa: Findings from four population cohorts was curated by (https://ifp.nyu.edu) information for practice.

(https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/journal-article-abstracts/s40817-023-00151-7/) Neuropsychological Impact of COVID-19 on Children and Adolescents
Jan 7th 2024, 08:43

Abstract
Since the start of the pandemic, over 15 million youth have tested positive for COVID-19 (American Academy of Pediatrics [AAP], 2023), but less is known about the impact of COVID-19 in children compared to adults. While children generally experience fewer and less severe acute symptoms, a subgroup of children may become quite ill with COVID-19 or multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children (MIS-C). Like adults, a minority of children also go on to develop what is now known as “pediatric long COVID”. Research in children with COVID-19 is limited, but emerging studies suggest that, like adults, children with more severe or persisting forms of COVID-19, including long COVID, may be at risk for a range of physical, cognitive, and emotional/behavioral symptoms. Pediatric neuropsychologists are uniquely positioned to assess neurocognitive functioning in children with COVID-19, help children and families understand the factors affecting the child’s functioning, and provide recommendations for appropriate interventions and management at home, at school, and in the community.
(https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s40817-023-00151-7?error=cookies_not_supported&code=8cbb14e2-0767-4acd-a452-437203c0539f) Read the full article ›
The post (https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/journal-article-abstracts/s40817-023-00151-7/) Neuropsychological Impact of COVID-19 on Children and Adolescents was curated by (https://ifp.nyu.edu) information for practice.

(https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/grey-literature/2381-through-the-eyes-of-children-enhancing-research-through-visual-storytelling-html/) Through the Eyes of Children
Jan 7th 2024, 08:42

By Svetlana Poleschuk, Sophia Benassila, and Wanda GrimaldiInvolving children as competent social actors in research is increasingly acknowledged as a way of including authentic perspectives on childhood and enhancing our understanding of children&am
(https://www.unicef-irc.org/article/2381-through-the-eyes-of-children-enhancing-research-through-visual-storytelling.html) Read the full article ›
The post (https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/grey-literature/2381-through-the-eyes-of-children-enhancing-research-through-visual-storytelling-html/) Through the Eyes of Children was curated by (https://ifp.nyu.edu) information for practice.

(https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/news/semaglutide-associated-with-lower-risk-of-suicidal-ideations-compared-to-other-treatments-prescribed-for-obesity-or-type-2-diabetes/) Semaglutide associated with lower risk of suicidal ideations compared to other treatments prescribed for obesity or type 2 diabetes
Jan 7th 2024, 07:39

NIH-funded analysis finds patients treated with semaglutide had 49% to 73% lower risk of suicidal ideation than those given other medications
The post (https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/news/semaglutide-associated-with-lower-risk-of-suicidal-ideations-compared-to-other-treatments-prescribed-for-obesity-or-type-2-diabetes/) Semaglutide associated with lower risk of suicidal ideations compared to other treatments prescribed for obesity or type 2 diabetes was curated by (https://ifp.nyu.edu) information for practice.

(https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/journal-article-abstracts/s40737-023-00379-8/) Boundary Flexibilities in Mental Health Peer Support: The Peer Perspective
Jan 7th 2024, 06:51

Abstract
Mental health peer support is a growing modality of care in which people with lived experience of mental health conditions offer psychological support and education to one another. This form of care has been underexplored in medical ethics, despite the social and ethical complexities that distinguish it from other forms of clinical practice. In particular, peer support invites scholars to ask new questions about boundaries in healthcare: that is, the parameters set within relationships between people who receive care and people who provide it. As this article will demonstrate, boundaries in mental health peer support are remarkably fluid, indicating that existing language around crossings and violations do not fully account for the notion of “boundary flexibilities,” or setting boundaries that change depending on context. This article will explore the ethics of boundaries in mental health peer support through critical analysis of existing literature and through qualitative interview data with “peers,” or people trained to draw on their lived experience of mental conditions to aid others. We argue that more attention should be paid to boundary ethics in emerging forms of care, especially as they interface with clinical services.
(https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s40737-023-00379-8?error=cookies_not_supported&code=2f4fd5a4-b721-4bac-95e7-f763051124f7) Read the full article ›
The post (https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/journal-article-abstracts/s40737-023-00379-8/) Boundary Flexibilities in Mental Health Peer Support: The Peer Perspective was curated by (https://ifp.nyu.edu) information for practice.

(https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/journal-article-abstracts/s10591-023-09686-5/) Effect of the Self-Worth Strengthening Group Psycho-Education Program Based on Systemic Therapy on the Self-Worth of Emerging Adults
Jan 7th 2024, 06:43

Abstract
The aim of this study was to examine the effect of the self-worth strengthening group psycho-education program based on systemic therapy on the self-worth of emerging adults. The study was designed in a static group experimental design including pre and post-tests and follow-up test. The experimental (n = 12) and control groups (n = 12) consisted of a total of 24 emerging adults. The Cooper-Smith Self-esteem Scale was used to test. An eight-sessions group psycho-education was applied to the experimental group. Results revealed that group psycho-education strengthened the self-worth of emerging adults. The results of the research were discussed within the framework of the relevant literature.
(https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10591-023-09686-5?error=cookies_not_supported&code=8530c432-4b53-4a76-8e6c-7b87a20aa53c) Read the full article ›
The post (https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/journal-article-abstracts/s10591-023-09686-5/) Effect of the Self-Worth Strengthening Group Psycho-Education Program Based on Systemic Therapy on the Self-Worth of Emerging Adults was curated by (https://ifp.nyu.edu) information for practice.

(https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/journal-article-abstracts/s12552-023-09407-5/) White American Historical Memory and Support for Native Appropriation
Jan 7th 2024, 05:49

Abstract
Research demonstrates that appropriation of aspects of American Indian cultures, pseudo-culture, and ethno-national identities is harmful to American Indians. Yet, when American Indians strive to eliminate this appropriation, they are often met with resistance from White Americans who are attached to the appropriation. Using a survey of 517 White Americans, we explored whether settler colonial collective memory was associated with this attachment. More specifically, we examined the associations between five ideologies that are part of this memory—glorification of U.S. colonialism, nationalism, militarism, masculine toughness, and White identity pride—and support for American Indian mascots and other types of appropriation. We found that these five ideologies are associated with each other, as well as with support for American Indian mascots and the other types of appropriation. In addition, we found that glorification of U.S. colonialism mediated between belief in each of the other four ideologies and support for appropriation. We situate our findings in the context of settler colonial collective memory and discuss how our findings can inform change.
(https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12552-023-09407-5?error=cookies_not_supported&code=dcd95bd3-f599-4815-99c5-95aad582f500) Read the full article ›
The post (https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/journal-article-abstracts/s12552-023-09407-5/) White American Historical Memory and Support for Native Appropriation was curated by (https://ifp.nyu.edu) information for practice.

(https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/grey-literature/2383-from-a-care-economy-to-a-care-society-how-the-un-talks-about-care-and-why-it-matters-html/) From a Care Economy to a Care Society
Jan 7th 2024, 05:39

By: Paz Arancibia (ILO), Mignon Duffy (University of Massachusetts Lowell), Rianne Mahon (Carleton University Canada), Silke Staab (UN Women) and Ramya Subrahmanian (UNICEF Innocenti)Nurses putting their lives at risk to care for COVID patients witho
(https://www.unicef-irc.org/article/2383-from-a-care-economy-to-a-care-society-how-the-un-talks-about-care-and-why-it-matters.html) Read the full article ›
The post (https://ifp.nyu.edu/2024/grey-literature/2383-from-a-care-economy-to-a-care-society-how-the-un-talks-about-care-and-why-it-matters-html/) From a Care Economy to a Care Society was curated by (https://ifp.nyu.edu) information for practice.

Forwarded by:
Michael Reeder LCPC
Baltimore, MD

This information is taken from free public RSS feeds published by each organization for the purpose of public distribution. Readers are linked back to the article content on each organization's website. This email is an unaffiliated unofficial redistribution of this freely provided content from the publishers.

(#) unsubscribe from this feed