Your Daily digest for Social Psychology Psychology Headlines Daily Digest

Article Digests for Psychology & Social Work article-digests at lists.clinicians-exchange.org
Sat Aug 5 13:09:07 PDT 2023

Social Psychology Psychology Headlines Daily Digest

(http://www.socialpsychology.org/client/redirect.php?from=rss_feed&id=172488&url=https://news.google.com/rss/articles/CBMiQGh0dHBzOi8vd3d3Lm55dGltZXMuY29tLzIwMjMvMDgvMDQvdXMvZmxvcmlkYS1hcC1wc3ljaG9sb2d5Lmh0bWzSAQA?oc=5) Florida Reverses Its Opposition to AP Psychology Course
Aug 5th 2023, 11:30

Source: (http://news.google.com/?ned=us&topic=m) Google News - HealthFlorida students can take Advanced Placement Psychology in the coming school year—including the section on gender and sexual orientation—officials said Friday, a day after the College Board had revoked its support for the course in Florida, asserting that it had been "effectively banned" by the state's Department of Education. AP Psychology is one of the most popular Advanced Placement courses in the U.S., with 28,000 Florida students taking...

(https://www.socialpsychology.org/client/redirect.php?action=rssHomepage)

(http://www.socialpsychology.org/client/redirect.php?from=rss_feed&id=172475&url=https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/canada-s-latest-anti-smoking-push-is-a-first-but-global-effort-is-lagging-behind-1.6927190?cmp=rss) Canada's Latest Anti-Smoking Push Is a First, But Global Effort Lags
Aug 5th 2023, 11:30

Source: (http://www.cbc.ca/health/) Canadian Broadcasting Company - Health NewsAs Canada takes a novel approach to reducing cigarette smoking, the rest of the world still has a long way to go. "If we don't do something more globally, we're going to have many hundreds of millions of deaths on our hands from this epidemic," said one expert. Canada is now requiring warning labels on individual cigarettes, not just cigarette packs. The messages range from warnings about harming children to causing impotence and cancer.

(https://www.socialpsychology.org/client/redirect.php?action=rssHomepage)

Forwarded by:
Michael Reeder LCPC
Baltimore, MD