Your Daily digest for Psychology Research News -- ScienceDaily Daily Digest (Unofficial)

Article Digests for Psychology & Social Work article-digests at lists.clinicians-exchange.org
Wed Sep 4 07:44:40 PDT 2024

Psychology Research News -- ScienceDaily Daily Digest (Unofficial)

(https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/09/240903144836.htm) New approach can help detect and predict mental health symptoms in teens
Sep 3rd 2024, 14:48

The majority of mental health disorders manifest during adolescence and relate to a multiplex interplay of neurobiological and environmental factors. Instead of considering these factors in isolation, a newly developed manifold learning technique can model brain-environmental interactions, which vastly improves detection of existing mental health symptoms and prediction of future ones compared to current methods. The study underscores the importance of considering the adolescent brain in conjunction with the environment in which it develops.

(https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/09/240903144452.htm) Researchers give adult zebra finches back their ability to learn new songs
Sep 3rd 2024, 14:44

We all know the adage, 'You can't teach an old dog new tricks.' As we age, our ability to learn new skills, like mastering a foreign language or picking up a musical instrument, seems to fade. The culprit? A decline in brain plasticity - the brain's capacity to rewire itself and adapt to new challenges. But what if we could rewind the clock on this age-related decline? A new study offers a tantalizing glimpse into this possibility.

Forwarded by:
Michael Reeder LCPC
Baltimore, MD

This information is taken from free public RSS feeds published by each organization for the purpose of public distribution. Readers are linked back to the article content on each organization's website. This email is an unaffiliated unofficial redistribution of this freely provided content from the publishers.

(#) unsubscribe from this feed