Your Daily digest for NIH Director's Blog

Article Digests for Psychology & Social Work article-digests at lists.clinicians-exchange.org
Tue May 28 20:02:45 PDT 2024

NIH Director's Blog

(https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2024/05/28/addressing-graduates-embarking-on-careers-in-medicine-and-public-health/) Addressing Graduates Embarking on Careers in Medicine and Public Health
May 28th 2024, 15:19

NIH Director Monica Bertagnolli giving a commencement address at Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health on May 15, 2024. Credit: Leslye Smith

Earlier this month, I had the honor of giving two commencement addresses, one at Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health, and the other at my alma mater University of Utah School of Medicine. I was also able to spend some time at both schools, meeting with faculty and taking part in some fascinating discussions. Congratulations to the graduates! I have great confidence in them as they embrace the challenging and rewarding paths of public health and medicine. They give me great hope for the future. Here are a few photos from my visits.

Visiting with Columbia Mailman School of Public Health Dean Linda Fried (center) and Department of Sociomedical Sciences Chair Kathleen Sikkema (right). Credit: Leslye Smith

Visiting a lab at the Huntsman Cancer Institute at the University of Utah. Credit: Huntsman Cancer Institute

Discussing the documentary film “dêtetsi vo’i oninjakan Winding Path,” featuring medical student Jenna Murray (center), on a panel discussion moderated by Maija Holsti, Director of the Native American Summer Research Intern program (left) at the University of Utah School of Medicine. Credit: University of Utah Health

Addressing graduates of the University of Utah School of Medicine on May 17, 2024. Credit: University of Utah Health

Forwarded by:
Michael Reeder LCPC
Baltimore, MD

This information is taken from free public RSS feeds published by each organization for the purpose of public distribution. Readers are linked back to the article content on each organization's website. This email is an unaffiliated unofficial redistribution of this freely provided content from the publishers.

(#) unsubscribe from this feed