Your Daily digest for Science Daily Mind & Brain

Article Digests for Psychology & Social Work article-digests at lists.clinicians-exchange.org
Thu Jul 4 01:41:07 PDT 2024

Science Daily Mind & Brain

(https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/07/240703183706.htm) Poor health, stress in 20s takes toll in 40s with lower cognition
Jul 3rd 2024, 18:37

Young adults who have higher levels of inflammation, which is associated with obesity, physical inactivity, chronic illness, stress and smoking, may experience reduced cognitive function in midlife, a new study has found.

(https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/07/240703131757.htm) New study on children and food:  Fruit chunks in yogurt are a turn off for one age group in particular
Jul 3rd 2024, 13:17

It's no secret that kids aren't crazy about having too many seeds, pulp or chunks in their food. But six-year-olds in particular definitely can't stand lumps, according to a new study. The research sheds new light on children's food preferences across age groups and can serve parents, the health care sector and the food industry.

(https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/07/240703131729.htm) Measuring body language
Jul 3rd 2024, 13:17

A large international and interdisciplinary research team has developed software to measure the objective kinematic features of movements that express emotions.

(https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/07/240703131720.htm) Experimental drug supercharges medicine that reverses opioid overdose
Jul 3rd 2024, 13:17

Researchers have identified a compound that, in mice, makes naloxone much more effective at counteracting a drug overdose.

(https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/07/240703131714.htm) Mobile phone data helps track pathogen spread and evolution of superbugs
Jul 3rd 2024, 13:17

Combining genomic data and human travel patterns over a 14-year period in South Africa reveals key insights into the spread, evolution and resistance patterns of a major bacterium behind pneumonia and meningitis globally.

(https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/07/240702200407.htm) High ceilings linked to poorer exam results for university students
Jul 2nd 2024, 20:04

Ever wondered why you performed worse than expected in that final university exam that you sat in a cavernous gymnasium or massive hall, despite countless hours, days and weeks of study? Now you have a genuine reason -- high ceilings.

(https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/07/240701232833.htm) Weight change across common antidepressant medications
Jul 1st 2024, 23:28

A new study compared weight change across eight common first-line antidepressants for patients taking an antidepressant for the first time. The study found differences in weight change between the different antidepressants after medication initiation, with bupropion consistently showing the least weight gain. The study adds rigorous evidence on expected weight gain across common antidepressant treatments.

(https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/07/240701162204.htm) Overlooked brain organ plays key role in promoting brain repair after stroke
Jul 1st 2024, 16:22

Scientists found the choroid plexus and cerebrospinal fluid play a key role in maintaining a pool of newly born neurons to repair the adult brain after injury.

(https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/07/240701131715.htm) Individuals can tell if their memories are trustworthy
Jul 1st 2024, 13:17

How much trust should we put in our memories? New research shows we have a good awareness of when we are recalling events accurately -- and when our brain is filling in gaps with general knowledge.

(https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/06/240628160129.htm) The beginnings of fashion
Jun 28th 2024, 16:01

A team of researchers suggest that eyed needles were a new technological innovation used to adorn clothing for social and cultural purposes, marking the major shift from clothes as protection to clothes as an expression of identity.

Forwarded by:
Michael Reeder LCPC
Baltimore, MD

This information is taken from free public RSS feeds published by each organization for the purpose of public distribution. Readers are linked back to the article content on each organization's website. This email is an unaffiliated unofficial redistribution of this freely provided content from the publishers.

(#) unsubscribe from this feed