Your Daily digest for Center for Deployment Psychology at Uniform Services University Daily Digest (Unofficial)

Article Digests for Psychology & Social Work article-digests at lists.clinicians-exchange.org
Wed Jan 10 14:49:15 PST 2024

Center for Deployment Psychology at Uniform Services University Daily Digest (Unofficial)

(https://deploymentpsych.org/blog/staff-perspective-unresolved-sleep-mystery-segmented-sleep) Staff Perspective: An Unresolved Sleep Mystery - Segmented Sleep
Jan 10th 2024, 10:27

(https://deploymentpsych.org/blog/staff-perspective-unresolved-sleep-mystery-segmented-sleep)

You may have heard that sleep in the modern world is different. That due to our frenetic 24/7 society, we cram sleep into a shortened sleep window and then hurry on into our days. In contrast, or so I am told going around TikTok, historically people slept in “segmented sleep” in which they would retire to bed early, awaken and stay awake for a period of an hour up to several hours, and then return to sleep until rise time. Where is the evidence for this concept? Is this some previously unknown historical discovery brought to light, or just a now-digitalized urban legend? I do not profess to be an expert in this area, so let’s explore together

Forwarded by:
Michael Reeder LCPC
Baltimore, MD

This information is taken from free public RSS feeds published by each organization for the purpose of public distribution. Readers are linked back to the article content on each organization's website. This email is an unaffiliated unofficial redistribution of this freely provided content from the publishers.

(#) unsubscribe from this feed