Your Daily digest for Social Psychology Psychology Headlines Daily Digest (Unofficial)

Article Digests for Psychology & Social Work article-digests at lists.clinicians-exchange.org
Sun Feb 18 12:11:43 PST 2024

Social Psychology Psychology Headlines Daily Digest (Unofficial)

(http://www.socialpsychology.org/client/redirect.php?from=rss_feed&id=177503&url=https://www.cbc.ca/radio/whitecoat/cannabis-induced-psychosis-bad-trip-1.7116217?cmp=rss) Experts Warn About the Risk of Cannabis-Induced Psychosis
Feb 18th 2024, 00:28

Source: (http://www.cbc.ca/health/) Canadian Broadcasting Company - Health NewsResearchers are sounding the alarm that cannabis products with high-potency THC—the main psychoactive ingredient in marijuana—can have harmful health effects, particularly among young men. "For men aged 14 to 24, the risk of developing schizophrenia rises to over 40 percent within three years" of showing up in an ER for cannabis-induced psychosis, said Dr. Daniel Myran, senior author of a study published in JAMA Psychiatry.

(https://www.socialpsychology.org/client/redirect.php?action=rssHomepage)

(http://www.socialpsychology.org/client/redirect.php?from=rss_feed&id=177506&url=https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2024-02-18/gop-candidates-elevate-anti-transgender-messaging-as-a-rallying-call-to-christian-conservatives) GOP Candidates Use Anti-Transgender Messages in Appeal to Conservatives
Feb 18th 2024, 00:27

Source: (http://www.usnews.com/) U.S. News and World ReportIn the U.S., anti-transgender campaign messages have become a rallying call to win the support of Christian conservatives. Thousands of people in South Carolina roared when Donald Trump promised to cut federal funding on "Day 1" for schools pushing what he called "transgender insanity" onto children. "And I can't even believe I have to say it, but I do," Trump told the crowd this month. "I will keep men out of women's sports."

(https://www.socialpsychology.org/client/redirect.php?action=rssHomepage)

Forwarded by:
Michael Reeder LCPC
Baltimore, MD

This information is taken from free public RSS feeds published by each organization for the purpose of public distribution. Readers are linked back to the article content on each organization's website. This email is an unaffiliated unofficial redistribution of this freely provided content from the publishers.

(#) unsubscribe from this feed