Your Daily digest for Science Daily Mind & Brain Daily Digest (Unofficial)

Article Digests for Psychology & Social Work article-digests at lists.clinicians-exchange.org
Sat Aug 31 01:42:04 PDT 2024

Science Daily Mind & Brain Daily Digest (Unofficial)

(https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/08/240830164155.htm) How hope beats mindfulness when times are tough
Aug 30th 2024, 16:41

A recent study finds that hope appears to be more beneficial than mindfulness at helping people manage stress and stay professionally engaged during periods of prolonged stress at work. The study underscores the importance of looking ahead, rather than living 'in the moment,' during hard times.

(https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/08/240830110924.htm) Morphing facial technology sheds light on the boundaries of self-recognition
Aug 30th 2024, 11:09

Facial recognition is a critical part of self-image and social interactions. In an era of advanced digital technology, we face intriguing questions about communication and identity. How does altering our facial identity affect our sense of 'self' and our interactions with others?

(https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/08/240829184321.htm) Regional variations in concussion diagnoses
Aug 29th 2024, 18:43

Researchers found significant geographic variations in concussion diagnoses in United States emergency departments -- with the highest rates in the South and lower rates in the Midwest and Northeast.

(https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/08/240829140754.htm) Mechanisms of how morphine relieves pain mapped out
Aug 29th 2024, 14:07

Researchers describe the neural processes behind how morphine relieves pain. This is valuable knowledge because the drug has such serious side effects.

(https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/08/240829132506.htm) A groundbreaking study describes a new molecular pathway involved in the control of reproduction
Aug 29th 2024, 13:25

A new study provides the first evidence of a direct interaction between kisspeptins, proteins crucial for sexual development, and astrocytes, non-neuronal cells of the nervous system, blazing new trails towards understanding the reproductive system's regulation.

(https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/08/240829132454.htm) VR headsets could be life changing for people with intellectual disability
Aug 29th 2024, 13:24

Immersive virtual reality could open up a whole new world for people with intellectual disability, enabling them to learn practical life skills much faster without relying on caregivers, according to a new study.

(https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/08/240829132418.htm) Your brain ages at different paces according to social and physical environments
Aug 29th 2024, 13:24

Countries with greater inequalities -- whether economic, pollution or disease-based -- exhibited older brain ages.

Forwarded by:
Michael Reeder LCPC
Baltimore, MD

This information is taken from free public RSS feeds published by each organization for the purpose of public distribution. Readers are linked back to the article content on each organization's website. This email is an unaffiliated unofficial redistribution of this freely provided content from the publishers.

(#) unsubscribe from this feed