Your Daily digest for Center for Deployment Psychology at Uniform Services University Daily Digest (Unofficial)

Article Digests for Psychology & Social Work article-digests at lists.clinicians-exchange.org
Wed Aug 14 15:57:58 PDT 2024

Center for Deployment Psychology at Uniform Services University Daily Digest (Unofficial)

(https://deploymentpsych.org/blog/practically-speaking-behind-episode-%E2%80%9Cmeeting-clients-where-they-are-ebps-dual-diagnosis-cases%E2%80%9D) Practically Speaking - Behind the Episode, “Meeting Clients Where They Are - EBPs in Dual Diagnosis Cases”
Aug 14th 2024, 10:51

(https://deploymentpsych.org/blog/practically-speaking-behind-episode-%E2%80%9Cmeeting-clients-where-they-are-ebps-dual-diagnosis-cases%E2%80%9D) By show of hands, how many of us encounter clients that are struggling with substance abuse and addiction in the midst of dealing with other mental health issues? Ok, this is a blog, so of course I can’t see your hands, but I am imagining a wall of hands in the air of everyone reading this. And of course that is because substance use disorders are highly co-morbid with other mental health conditions. If you’re like me, having received training in several evidence-based psychotherapies for various conditions, you may not have a lot of experience or training in how to treat or manage co-morbid substance use disorders (SUD). This can be particularly true regarding the addition of medication-assisted therapist (MAT) for SUD.

Forwarded by:
Michael Reeder LCPC
Baltimore, MD

This information is taken from free public RSS feeds published by each organization for the purpose of public distribution. Readers are linked back to the article content on each organization's website. This email is an unaffiliated unofficial redistribution of this freely provided content from the publishers.

(#) unsubscribe from this feed