Your Daily digest for Center for Deployment Psychology at Uniform Services University Daily Digest (Unofficial)

Article Digests for Psychology & Social Work article-digests at lists.clinicians-exchange.org
Wed Apr 10 15:53:01 PDT 2024

Center for Deployment Psychology at Uniform Services University Daily Digest (Unofficial)

(https://deploymentpsych.org/blog/staff-perspective-family-well-being-during-military-veteran-transition) Staff Perspective: Family Well-Being During the Military-to-Veteran Transition
Apr 10th 2024, 12:12

(https://deploymentpsych.org/blog/staff-perspective-family-well-being-during-military-veteran-transition)

Often in the military, we are taught the concept of creating a “new normal” following significant disruptions such as those related to a move, a military deployment, or other event impacting the whole family. Focusing on a “new normal” invites the family to view the situation as something requiring a period of adjustment. One aspect of military life that every family will experience is the transition out of the military. We all know it is coming. However, there is a great deal of variability in how families prepare for and respond to this event.

Forwarded by:
Michael Reeder LCPC
Baltimore, MD

This information is taken from free public RSS feeds published by each organization for the purpose of public distribution. Readers are linked back to the article content on each organization's website. This email is an unaffiliated unofficial redistribution of this freely provided content from the publishers.

(#) unsubscribe from this feed