: All items

Article Digests for Psychology & Social Work article-digests at lists.clinicians-exchange.org
Fri Sep 15 15:47:18 PDT 2023

(https://deploymentpsych.org/blog/staff-perspective-suicide-prevention-month-honor-lisas-story) Staff Perspective: Suicide Prevention Month - In Honor of Lisa's Story
Sep 13th 2023, 10:05

(https://deploymentpsych.org/blog/staff-perspective-suicide-prevention-month-honor-lisas-story)

September is Suicide Prevention and Awareness Month. While there is usually not one single factor that leads to these tragic losses of life. There are oftentimes so many missed opportunities for intervention. As you take the time to listen to Lisa's story, although a fictional account, realize the implications are very real. Suicide Prevention is something that requires collaboration, we can't handle it alone So ask yourself, Where will I stand in the gaps?

(https://deploymentpsych.org/blog/numbers-11-september-2023) By the Numbers: 11 September 2023
Sep 11th 2023, 14:18

(https://deploymentpsych.org/blog/numbers-11-september-2023)

1.4%
The percentage of "total active component service member medical encounters in 2022" involving COVID-19, according to a report published in June 2023 by the Military Health System -- (https://health.mil/News/Articles/2023/06/01/Active-Component-Burden) Absolute and Relative Morbidity Burdens Attributable to Various Illnesses and Injuries Among Active Component Members, U.S. Armed Forces, 2022.

(https://deploymentpsych.org/blog/research-update-7-september-2023) Research Update: 7 September 2023
Sep 7th 2023, 12:11

(https://deploymentpsych.org/blog/research-update-7-september-2023)

The weekly Research Update contains the latest news, journal articles, and useful links from around the web. Some of this week's topics include:
● Cohort Profile Update: The US Millennium Cohort Study—evaluating the impact of military experiences on service members and veteran health.
● Cognitive reappraisal moderates the effect of combat or other exposures on negative behavioral health symptoms.
● Early predictors of chronic posttraumatic stress disorder symptom trajectories in U.S. Army soldiers deployed to the Iraq war zone.

(https://deploymentpsych.org/blog/practically-speaking-behind-episode-%E2%80%9C-what-if-my-client-dissociates-practical-strategies-our) Practically Speaking: Behind the Episode “But What if My Client Dissociates?! Practical Strategies From Our Experts”
Sep 6th 2023, 10:22

(https://deploymentpsych.org/blog/practically-speaking-behind-episode-%E2%80%9C-what-if-my-client-dissociates-practical-strategies-our)

In our first episode of season 4, (https://deploymentpsych.org/Podcast-Ep-38) we tackle one of the top concerns we hear in our PTSD EBP workshops and consultation… “But what if my client dissociates?!”. If this has been on your list of clinical worries, worry no more! In this episode we are joined by one of CDP’s PTSD experts, Dr. Kelly Chrestman to dig into what is dissociation (and what isn’t)? What is its function? How can we best assess it? When is it likely to show up? AND most importantly, what providers can do to manage it in the context of their EBP work!

(https://deploymentpsych.org/blog/research-update-31-august-2023) Research Update: 31 August 2023
Aug 31st 2023, 11:04

(https://deploymentpsych.org/blog/research-update-31-august-2023)

The weekly Research Update contains the latest news, journal articles, and useful links from around the web. Some of this week's topics include:
● Written Exposure Therapy vs Prolonged Exposure Therapy in the Treatment of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder.
● Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on army families: Household finances, familial experiences, and soldiers’ behavioral health.
● Widening the scope of intensive treatment for PTSD in the military health system.

(https://deploymentpsych.org/blog/numbers-28-august-2023) By The Numbers: 28 August 2023
Aug 28th 2023, 13:11

(https://deploymentpsych.org/blog/numbers-28-august-2023)

80%
The percentage of service members with chronic pain who receive "some nonpharmacologic treatment" (NPT), according to a recent report from the RAND Corporation -- (https://www.rand.org/pubs/research_briefs/RBA1193-1.html) Delivering Exceptional Pain Care to Service Members.

(https://deploymentpsych.org/blog/research-update-24-august-2023) Research Update: 24 August 2023
Aug 24th 2023, 14:23

(https://deploymentpsych.org/blog/research-update-24-august-2023)

The weekly Research Update contains the latest news, journal articles, and useful links from around the web. Some of this week's topics include:
● The generation that lived during/participated in the war and the generation that inherited it: association between veterans’ PTSD and adult offspring's emotional regulation strategies and alexithymia levels.
● Determinants and Outcomes of Suicidal Behavior Among Patients With Major Depressive Disorder.
● Clarifying the association between adverse childhood experiences and postdeployment posttraumatic stress disorder symptom severity: A meta-analysis and large-sample investigation.

(https://deploymentpsych.org/blog/numbers-21-august-2023) By the Numbers: 21 August 2023
Aug 21st 2023, 12:07

(https://deploymentpsych.org/blog/numbers-21-august-2023)

9.7%
The percentage of 3,993 National Guard unit (NGU) service members activated in support of COVID-19 who "met the criteria for probable PTSD," according to a recent article in the journal Military Medicine -- (https://doi.org/10.1093/milmed/usad177) National Guard Deployment in Support of COVID-19: Psychological and Behavioral Health.

(https://deploymentpsych.org/blog/research-update-17-august-2023) Research Update: 17 August 2023
Aug 17th 2023, 14:38

(https://deploymentpsych.org/blog/research-update-17-august-2023)

The weekly Research Update contains the latest news, journal articles, and useful links from around the web. Some of this week's topics include:
● Meaning in life as a mechanism between perceived posttraumatic growth and subsequent mental health in OEF/OIF/OND military veterans.
● A systematic review of literature examining mediators and mechanisms of change in empirically supported treatments for posttraumatic stress disorder.
● Mental and Physical Health Conditions Among U.S. Veterans with Cannabis Use and Cannabis Use Disorders.

(https://deploymentpsych.org/blog/numbers-14-august-2023) By the Numbers: 14 August 2023
Aug 14th 2023, 12:58

(https://deploymentpsych.org/blog/numbers-14-august-2023)

2.6%
The percentage increase in the number of deaths by suicide in the U.S. from 2021 to 2022, according to (https://www.cdc.gov/suicide/suicide-data-statistics.html) provisional data recently released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Forwarded by:
Michael Reeder LCPC
Baltimore, MD

(#) unsubscribe from this feed