Your Daily digest for Center for Deployment Psychology at Uniform Services University Daily Digest (Unofficial)

Article Digests for Psychology & Social Work article-digests at lists.clinicians-exchange.org
Wed Nov 15 14:48:19 PST 2023

Center for Deployment Psychology at Uniform Services University Daily Digest (Unofficial)

(https://deploymentpsych.org/blog/practically-speaking-behind-episode-%E2%80%9Cwetting%E2%80%9D-our-toes-trauma-treatment-options%E2%80%9D) Practically Speaking: Behind the Episode: “WETting” Our Toes in Trauma Treatment Options”
Nov 15th 2023, 10:44

(https://deploymentpsych.org/blog/practically-speaking-behind-episode-%E2%80%9Cwetting%E2%80%9D-our-toes-trauma-treatment-options%E2%80%9D)

One of the issues that all providers are faced with in their clinical practice is deciding what treatment options might fit best with a client who has PTSD. While our brains often go to the first line treatments like PE, CPT and EMDR, sometimes a 10 - 12 session protocol isn't the best fit for the client in front of us who can’t commit to that treatment length or has other reasons that drive a different approach. To truly provide patient-driven care, we, as clinicians, need to have other EBP options at-the-ready to meet our clients where they are. In this episode of Practical for your Practice, CDP’s own Dr. Paula Domenici joins us to talk about her experience with using Written Exposure Therapy (WET) and how it has enhanced her clinical practice.

Forwarded by:
Michael Reeder LCPC
Baltimore, MD

This information is taken from free public RSS feeds published by each organization for the purpose of public distribution. Readers are linked back to the article content on each organization's website. This email is an unaffiliated unofficial redistribution of this freely provided content from the publishers.

(#) unsubscribe from this feed